Adaptive leadership is a practical framework of skills necessary for making significant changes in any sector. The format of adaptive leadership highlights the creation of adaptive capacity between organizations and employees. This course is aimed at helping individuals and organizations to identify the right problems to solve, as well as providing ideas on how to manage their stakeholders to better address adaptive challenges. Introducing you to the main tools of Adaptive Leadership, the course will show how you can apply these tools within your organization or community life to achieve a long-term impact.
In this course you will:
- Get familiar with basic concepts of Adaptive Leadership
- Realize your own leadership and impact-making capacity
- Understand adaptive elements of your challenge
- Define your key stakeholders and the way to manage them to address the challenge
- Acquire practical knowledge on best practices in the field of leadership
- Learn to intelligently address challenges, proposing appropriate solutions.
- Participate in group consultations
- Attend a movie night
Schedule: April 14, 10:00 – 20:00; April 15, 10:00 – 18:00
Course Fee: AMD 75,000
About the Instructor: Dr. Martin Galstyan holds postgraduate degree from John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. He is the Director of Central Bank of Armenia’s Research and Training Centre in Dilijan.
At AUA he teaches “Microeconomics of Competitiveness” taught in affiliation with Harvard Business School’s Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness. Dr. Galstyan is the first recipient of Excellence in Teaching Award at the American University of Armenia.
Dr. Galstyan is a Board Member of Dilijan Development Foundation, a Board Member of Scholae Mundi Foundation Armenia for new educational opportunities and also a Board Member of Dilijan Central School (Ayb Educational Foundation).
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.