Armenia has been ranked far behind its neighboring countries in female engagement and equal opportunities for women in various professional and vocational settings. This is unfortunate, as women in Armenia continue to be those who excel in education, at workplaces and in families. How do we as a community empower our women? What mechanisms or skills do we need to employ and equip the female members of our society in order to break stereotypes and create equal opportunities? First of all, this course addresses the foundational problems of gender inequality in professional settings. Secondly, it offers various mechanisms of addressing these situations. Lastly and most importantly, it offers women a set of skills and tools to empower them in both their professional path and personal growth.
Target Group: Entry to mid-level female professionals from public, private and non-governmental sectors.
Objectives & Goals: This course aims to develop better awareness of the students about significance of gender equality and the extent of work that needs to be undertaken in our society. It also aims to show the types of barriers women leaders are usually faced with and how they have been overcome before. The course aims to develop a deeper knowledge of students themselves about their strengths. It aims to equip its female students with the skills to define and critically assess their own leadership skills, and most importantly to focus on strengthening once identified. It aims to walk each of the student through the detail of structuring a personal Leadership Development Plan (LDP) and implementing it after the course. Lastly, the course aims to develop decisionmaking skills and techniques and equip students on the skills of how to practice leadership through service.
Language: Armenian and English
Duration: 30 hours, 4 weeks
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Tuition Fee: Free for qualifying participants
Registration fee: AMD 10,000 (non-refundable)
Note: The selection of participants will include first review of completed application, and might include interviews with qualifying candidates.
Tuition is sponsored by Armenian International Women’s Association
Instructor: Nana Hovhannisyan is a business consultant and executive coach with more than 17 years of experience in leadership, human capital management and organizational development. She has extensive experience with SMEs, multinational corporations, government agencies, and international organizations. Currently, Nana is leading her own consulting company, 8.18, consulting, supporting leaders to bring transformational growth in their organizations. She is a trainer for EBRD Women in Business, Mentor in US Embassy Women’s Mentoring Program, member of IMC and ICF, internationally certified coach and trainer with more than 2000 hours of coaching, consulting and training in Armenia, Russia, Romania, Georgia, and Tajikistan.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.