This course is aimed to develop public speaking skills: to turn you into a more persuasive and effective public speaker – someone who speaks with ease, confidence, clarity, and modes of persuasion that are critical in today’s corporate, nonprofit, policy and diplomacy worlds. We will cover a range of speaking scenarios, from podium speeches on your values to simulations of a media interview on camera.
The course is valuable both for students without strong public speaking backgrounds who wish to develop a basic rhetorical foundation and sense of ease in delivering public speeches and other presentations, and also for strong speakers who wish to push their skill in this important area to the next level. It explains the logic and the structure of an effective speech. It is designed to transfer theoretical academic knowledge and develop practice skills on public speaking. It is not oriented on one particular area of public speaking and involves tips for basically all main areas of implementation of public skills.
The training includes video materials, case studies and practical exercises. Each participant will have a chance to give at least 2 speeches and learn on his own mistakes. The hours of practical trainings are not included in the training duration and are free of charge. The language of instruction is English/Armenian
The course includes a large amount of discussion on examples of public speaking by local and global public figures. It focuses on real-life examples of public speaking from business presentations, scientific reports to occasional speeches. It will be very useful for everyone who has to present himself or his ideas to the public.
- To understand the structure and criteria for the effective speech
- To develop skill-set needed for the public speaking
- To attain the knowledge and develop the skills necessary for speech-writing
- To learn about and develop pitching as a skill
- To learn how to identify main mistakes in public speaking and work on them
Start date: October 8, 2018
End date: October 22, 2018
Schedule: Mondays & Wednesdays, 19:00-21:00
Duration: 10 hours, 5 sessions
Fee: 34,000 AMD
About the Instructor:
Hayk Mamijanyan has been giving trainings and lectures for 7 years. His main area of expertise is Public Speaking. He has developed a number of training programs and academic curricula for various international organizations and state universities. Hayk Mamijanyan works as a lecturer at the Public Administration Academy of Armenia and Yerevan Brusov State University of Languages and Social Sciences. Hayk Mamijanyan is the founding director of “Andranik Margaryan” political school. He also works at “Modus Granum” holding as foreign affairs and export manager. Hayk Mamijanyan has a PhD in political science. He is an alumni of State Engineering University of Armenia, Public Administration Academy and Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy (Tavitian program).
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.