The course will provide an up-to- date language proficiency level of specific vocabulary. It will contain listening tasks, writing, reading and role play activities that will enhance and improve language skills of a candidate. The skills taught will be of upmost demand in the ever-changing world of business. The course will also involve enhancing the candidate’s discussion and argumentation skills that will enable for better expression during verbal communication. The course will be unique in the fact that the candidate will have the opportunity to compose better formal letters, incident reports, meeting minutes, as well as business proposals. Most importantly, the candidate will also be able to practice and carry out a verbal presentation using the target language taught during the course.
The course is appropriate for both an experienced business orientated candidate, as well as a budding future entrepreneur. The language covered in the course will enhance the candidate’s language level that will assist in his or her business demands.
Duration: 30 hours
Fee: AMD 62,000
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 19:00-21:00
Participants should score Level 5 from English Placement test. Placement tests take place every Wednesday, 13:30. Test fee is 2,100 AMD. Advance registration is required.
About the Instructor:
Sona Anne Sahakian is an Australian-Armenian with over 25 years’ experience in all fields of English Language teaching. She was the youngest graduate lecturer in Yerevan State University of Languages (Brusov) in 1993 as well as The English Intensive Centre Instructor at AUA from 1994-95. Whilst in Australia, she has worked as an Armenian assessor and translator/interpreter
at University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia and many other language learning institutions and colleges. She has, for many years, taught English for Academic Purposes, English for Specific Purposes, Language and Literacy Programmes, TOEFL, as well as, Business English.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.