Certificate Program in TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
Tourism and hospitality is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. It offers a wide variety of career opportunities such as tour operator, event planner, recreation planner, food and beverage manager, and many more exciting avenues.
If you are interested in this lucrative and exciting field or already employed in it, this Certificate Program will provide you with a comprehensive education. If you simply want to acquire or advance your knowledge of specific hospitality topics, you may choose to enroll in any of the courses of interest with this flexible study option.
Attendance Certificates will be provided for participating in each of the individual courses, while students who take at least 5 of the courses included in the program will be granted a Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality Management from AUA Extension.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This certificate program teaches the concepts, principles, procedures, and vocabulary essentials for success in this growing industry, as well as a strong business management foundation with courses in public speaking, sales management, public relations and marketing, entrepreneurship, and service quality management.
COURSES IN THE PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Sustainable Tourism
- Revenue Management in the Hotel Industry
- Event Management and Catering
- Hospitality Management and Operations
- Destination and Resort Marketing
- Business Communication
- From B&B to Restaurant & Hotel Management
- Computer Information Systems in the Hospitality Industry
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Sales & Service Management
- Food Safety Management
- Business Entrepreneurship
REQUIREMENTS: Individuals who hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent may apply for admission to this certificate program. Individuals who have not completed an undergraduate degree program may take single courses and then apply for admission to the certificate program.
After completing the 5th course included in the Program the participant will be receive both the course attendance certificate, and can apply for being granted a Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality Management from AUA Extension.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.