In order for any organization to survive in this day and age, change is inevitable. Change can include a range of areas such as the implementation of a new product or application, merger and acquisition, moving to the cloud, making a move to outsourcing or a complete strategic overhaul of the business. Change management is the discipline that guides how organizations and people prepare, equip and support individuals to successfully adopt these types of changes in order to drive organizational success and outcomes.
This course will provide a high level overview of what consists of change, discuss the building blocks of high-quality and lasting change, potential governance structures over change, key tenets of change, and how to manage and report the risks related to change.
After this course you will: (1) understand the definition of change, how it is done right and what can go wrong, (2) understand why change management is important, (3) learn strategies and methods to getting executive and personnel buy in, ensuring proper governance and how to establish methods in order for the change being implemented is successful and sustainable, (4) hear of real examples of positive and negative change with global organizations, (6) learn how to develop a methodology and perform risk assessments as it relates to the change being implemented.
- The course benefits those who hold positions in Project Management, Information Technology, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Business Sponsors and Leaders.
- The course benefits those who are either the owners of change initiatives or responsible for driving the change by providing them with knowledge and skills that they can directly apply in developing change management strategies and activities within their organizations.
- The course benefits those working in all industries, including private, public and non-profit sectors.
Schedule: 6:30 – 9:00 PM
Fee: 32,000 AMD
Instructor: Laura Dirtadian has been working in the Financial and Technology Services Industries for over 20 years. She has overseen and built global Risk Governance Frameworks and Programs from end to end, including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, Change Management, Information Technology, Operational, and Enterprise Risk at E*TRADE Financial, Deloitte and Touche and most recently, MUFG Union Bank. Her most recent position consisted of leading a department that serves as a second line of defense in providing an independent view on the health of the most significant initiatives, or major change events at MUFG Union Bank, including the implementation of new applications, products, divestitures and mergers and acquisitions, and assessing the relevant risks as these changes were implemented. Laura is now in the beginning stages of building her own consulting practice. She is a Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) and holds two Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Studies degrees, with a minor in Spanish Literature from the University of California, Irvine.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.