Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)® and Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)® Exams Prep Course
In an era of disruptive innovations and continually changing competitive landscapes, organizations need individuals who can enable immediate outcomes by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver lasting business value to their customers. The skillset of a Business Analyst is exclusively equipped to meet this need. Utilized in contexts of Business Intelligence, Business Architecture, Business Process Management, Information Technology and Agile environments, the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® allows professionals to generate transformative insights at strategic, tactical and operational levels. Using their unique skills, the Business Analysts tackle complex problems, recommend and design solutions that allow small to big companies achieve desired results in an increasingly technology-driven world.
The goal of the course is to cover the core knowledge base of Business Analysis for preparing to Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)® and Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)® exams of International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) and for practical application in business settings. Course content is interactive, based on discussions of the Business Analysts’ mindset, frequent reiteration of main concepts and terminology, exam tips and tricks, and practicing over a thousand sample exam questions.
After this course you will: (1) thoroughly understand the BA Core Concepts®, including Stakeholder, Solution, Change, Need, Value and Context, and how to address each throughout an initiative; (2) understand why Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring is important and how it can be implemented; (3) learn strategies and methods for Elicitation and Collaboration, ensuring stakeholder collaboration when identifying and communicating Business Analysis information; (4) learn how to manage and maintain requirements and designs through Requirements life-cycle Management; (5) understand how to undertake Strategy Analysis to arrive at most effective ways of applying company capabilities to reach desired results; (6) learn practical tips in Requirement Analysis and Design Definition and (7) understand how to perform Solution Evaluation to evaluate existing solutions from the perspective of performance and value delivery.
- The course benefits those who hold positions in Information Technology, Business Intelligence, Project Management, Decision Making, and Business Process Optimization.
- The course benefits those whose day-to-day activities include analysis of requirements and recommending solutions designed to meet client needs.
Meeting days/times: Tuesdays & Thursdays 7pm-9pm, Saturdays 10am-1pm
Start Date: April 27
End Date: May 30
Total Hours: 35
Fee: AMD 95,000
Instructor: Arman Arakelyan has been working in key IT and management positions both in Armenia and abroad. He has consulted on, managed and delivered projects in the intersections of information system development, business process optimization and interaction design for organizations in the business, public, and non-profit sectors for over a decade. His most recent position is Head of Analysis and Design at IUNetworks, where he is leading business and system analysts and technical writers with daily oversight of analysis and design activities for new applications, products, and services in e-Government, Financial and Telecom sectors. He holds a Master of Science degree in Information Science from Simmons College, Boston and is an active member of the IIBA, Interaction Design Foundation and Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.