CURRENT COURSES IN ARTSAKH (NKR)
English Language Courses
Duration: 80 hours
Fee: 20,000 AMD (Subsidized by AGBU)
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEVEL SIX
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEVEL FIVE
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEVEL FOUR
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEVEL THREE
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEVEL TWO
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEVEL ONE
A placement test is required if you have not attended English courses at AUA.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card. Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.
Preparatory Courses for Testing
Duration: 40 hours
Fee: 20,000 AMD (Subsidized by AGBU)
In AUA-Extension’s CEP, we propose to offer four (4) certification tracks and several stand-alone courses /workshops that may be taken as electives and/or simply chosen by participants to upgrade knowledge and skills in various professions. In rare instances, individual study may also be offered to complement the unique needs of an enrolled student. The different tracks leading to certification are:
- Strategic Management
- Executive Leadership
- Public Policy Planning and Administration
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
Strategic Management – Strategic or institutional management is the conduct of drafting, implementing and evaluating cross-functional decisions that will enable an organization to achieve its long-term objectives. It is the process of specifying the organization’s mission, vision and objectives, developing policies and plans, often in terms of projects and programs, which are designed to achieve organizational objectives, and then allocating resources to implement the policies and plans, projects and programs.
- BUSINESS LAW
- MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING
- PROFESSIONAL ETHICS
- STATISTICS FOR MANAGERS
- ECONOMICS FOR MANAGERS
- STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
- OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR
- FINANCE BASICS FOR ENTREPRENEURS
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT (30 hours)
- BUSINESS PLANNING FUNDAMENTALS
Leadership – Good leaders are expected to be able to solve problems, new and old, capitalize on new opportunities and navigate through the changing landscape of business. Leadership is a complex process by which the leader influences others to perform and accomplish shared goals. The leadership attributes, including belief, values, ethics, character, knowledge, and skills, are all traits, which can be learned. This curriculum aims to provide the basis for understanding what leadership is and what leaders do to be successful.
- LEADERSHIP CAPSTONE
- MANAGING ACROSS CULTURES
- HUMAN AND FINANCIAL RESOURCES
- LEADING TECHNICAL CHANGE IN ORGANIZATIONS
- LEGAL ISSUES FOR LEADERS
- LEADING PEOPLE AND MANAGING CHANGE
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- DECISION-MAKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING FOR LEADERS
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS FOR BUSINESS EXECUTIVES
- ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION FOR LEADERS
- INTRODUCTION TO TRANSACTIONAL AND TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP
- LEADING TEAMS
Public Policy Planning and Administration – This certificate program offers courses drawn on concepts and methods from a number of social and behavioral sciences as they relate to the formulation and implementation of governmental policies and programs. The curriculum is oriented to the policy making process and to the major components of the administrative process including program planning and evaluation, and policy analysis. The curriculum is oriented toward the application of policy analysis skills to action in the public sector. The program is intended to educate current and future lawmakers and managers in the public and not-for-profit sectors to design innovative solutions to problems in the public sector and to bring about the changes necessary to implement these policies. The courses aim to provide students with analytic and quantitative skills to identity issues, and the ability to translate those skills into effective action through reasoning and argument.
- CAPSTONE COURSE IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- STRATEGIC PLANNING IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR
- URBAN PLANNING AND SOCIAL POLICY
- SEMINAR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- PUBLIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND BUDGETING
- HUMAN BEHAVIOR IN PUBLIC ORGANIZATIONS
- POLICY ANALYSIS AND PROGRAM EVALUATION
- PUBLIC POLICY MAKING, PLANNING, AND DEVELOPMENT
- GOVERNMENT, BUSINESS AND SOCIETY
Tourism & Hospitality Management – Tourism and hospitality is the fastest growing industry in the world. The same is true for Karabagh triggering a wide variety of career opportunities as tour operator, event planner, recreation and food and beverage manager, etc. In this certificate program, students develop the skills needed to become a vital part of this growing industry. The Tourism and Hospitality Management program teaches concepts, principles, procedures and vocabulary essential for success. In addition to hospitality and tourism courses, students build a strong business management foundation with courses in public speaking, sales management, public relations and marketing, entrepreneurship, and service quality management. Essential components to success in the industry are hands-on-learning and real-life experience. Thus, along with traditional learning, students have the opportunity to use the skills they have obtained in planning and executing an annual public event.
- BUSINESS ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT
- PRINCIPLES OF EVENT MANAGEMENT
- SALES & SERVICE MANAGEMENT
- DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- FROM B&B TO RESTAURANT & HOTEL MANAGEMENT
- BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
- DESTINATION & RESORT MARKETING
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT
Career Development Workshops
- INTERVIEWING SKILLS
- UTILIZING YOUR PERSONAL STRENGTHS
- PERSONAL GOAL SETTING & MARKETING YOUR SKILLS
- DEVELOPING YOUR RESUME
Training in Soft & Technical Skills
- FUNDAMENTALS OF MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
- INTERMEDIATE MICROSOFT EXCEL
- FUNDAMENTALS OF MICROSOFT EXCEL
- INTERMEDIATE MICROSOFT WORD
- FUNDAMENTALS OF MICROSOFT WORD
- RECRUITMENT & INTERVIEWING SKILLS
- NEGOTIATION SKILLS
- PUBLIC SPEAKING & PRESENTATION SKILLS
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- TIME MANAGEMENT
- PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
- MANAGING CONFLICT IN THE WORKPLACE