Every young professional faces his or her own unique challenges when seeking to enter and succeed in their chosen profession. Career readiness and employability skills have become an increasingly critical factor in deciding who “gets in and stays in”—and who doesn’t. Unfortunately, a lack of knowledge about business standards, as well as inadequate communication skills, are commonly seen in aspiring professionals.
In this course, the participants will discuss and practice the most crucial workplace readiness skills employers seek in new hires, including expected soft skills, personal branding, and business etiquette.
This course presents the key components of job placement. It explains how to develop a strong personal profile and introduce yourself in the job market. It includes individual career assessment, career plan developing with personal consultations, video materials, case studies, debates, quizzes, role play, and teamwork. Exploring your own unique work challenges and opportunities, you’ll also benefit from peer coaching, instructor feedback and create a practical action plan that can enable you to become an essential asset.
The course focuses on best practices, success stories both in Armenia and other countries. At the end of the course, participants will have a clear idea of their own career path and individualized profile and development plan. To gain additional practical experience, attendees will also be trained and triggered to participate in a networking event with potential employers.
Start date: January 22, 2019
End date: March 5, 2019
Duration: 39 hours
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 18:30-21:30
Fee: 48,000 AMD
Language of instruction: Armenian and English
About the Instructor: Nana Hovhannisyan is a Certified Master Trainer (Door International), Executive Coach (PCC level) Management Consultant (CMC), and an expert with 18 years of experience in training, coaching and developing leaders and trainers in Armenia and abroad. Held more than 900 hour consultations and trainings on career development, strategic planning, construction of motivational and grading schemes, managerial skills and competencies development, training of trainers. She has founded 8 18 Consulting to provide consulting services in the field of human capital management. Her main goal is to see her partners satisfied and prospering via designing and implementing unique people management methodologies specific for each company and organization.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.