This course will focus on the transformation of the geopolitical landscape and the impact of cyberocracy in this context, which poses new challenges to democracy, sovereignty and security making it crucial to understand contemporary developments and their influence on geopolitics at large. The goal is to provide students with comprehensive knowledge of how the Industrial revolution 4.0 has reshaped the concept of power and its influence on geopolitics.
In this course you will:
- Gain a cohesive understanding of the traditional theories of Geostrategy, Geopolitics and their implication on the changing political landscape,
- Understand the grand picture of power, global, regional and national security as well as actors in world politics,
- Comprehend civilizational peculiarities in the context of political globalization and international competition (in a flat world),
- Attain knowledge on the digital revolution and development of interconnected networks across diverse ranges of global and societal interaction (energy, healthcare, politics, national defense, commerce, etc.).
Dates: October 16-30, 2017
Course duration: 10 hours
Schedule: Mondays & Fridays, 18:30-20:30
Course Fee: 42,000 AMD
About the Instructor: At present, Dr. Karen Galoyan is the adviser to the Minister of Diaspora of the RA. Subsequent to his Bachelor Degree studies at the Yerevan State University specializing in Jurisprudence, he successfully completed his Master’s Degree studies at the University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management with one semester at the University of North Florida (Coggin College of Business). He holds a PhD in Political Science, and is an associate lecturer at the Public Administration Academy of the RA, where he has instructed courses on Political Globalization and Theory of Bureaucracy (currently Geopolitics) for the past 5 years.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.