The GRE Preparatory Course is designed to increase familiarity with the various types of verbal and analytical questions presented on the GRE paper or computer-generated test. This is a comprehensive course that provides thorough preparation for the verbal and analytical writing sections of the GRE exam. The Instructor uses the most dynamic and updated strategies and methods available to promote mastery of content. The course covers skill building, goal setting, and pacing strategies that will give students the opportunity to improve their verbal and writing skills and build their confidence to perform at their best on any version (computer or paper) of the General Test of the GRE.
By examining each area of the GRE Verbal and Analytical Writing sections in depth, students will know what to expect and how to set goals for improving their performance level in understanding and analyzing advanced-level prose and reflecting on any type of questions.
- Verbal Reasoning:
- Understand and evaluate the structure of the given text to draw conclusions, and identify the perception of the author,
- Identify the key points and differentiate between relevant and irrelevant points,
- Detect and grasp the meanings of words, sentences, and entire context,
- Identify relationships among words and concepts.
- Analytical Writing:
- Control the elements of standard written English.
- Develop analytical reasoning skills to articulate and support complex ideas clearly and effectively,
- Understand deductive and inductive thinking to detect the logical soundness of the argument effectively,
- Learn to examine claims and accompanying evidence.
Dates: September 5 – October 31
Duration: 48 hours
Schedule: Tuesdays, Thursdays, 18:30-20:30, Saturdays, 10:30-12:30
Fee: AMD 85,000
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.