In the ‘age of communication’ hospitality and tourism industry continue to be challenged by endless concerns related to effective communication. For Hotels and Travel agencies, Marketing Communications play a major part in winning customers, building relationships and brand. Marketing and communications expenses most Hotels and Travel Agencies make end up as waste because these activities are fragmented, and the messages are irrelevant and produce short-term results. Successful MarComs is about much more than placing an ad or producing a brochure. You need to plan strategically – a well thought through communications plan brings together the right tools, techniques and media to create the best advantage.
Effective marketing communications in the Hospitality industry requires a clear understanding of objectives, careful planning, coordination of the right communications tools, development of the messages, a strategic and tactical approach and measurement of results. After this workshop, you will learn how to manage those factors specifically for Hospitality and Tourism industry companies.
- This workshop explains how to align, manage and implement marketing communications in a structured way so that the tools and messages are planned, coordinated and directed to achieve clearly defined objectives.
- Throughout the workshop, you will work on your own integrated marketing communications strategy planned for your own company, product or service that produce better results.
- It also gives delegates the opportunity to submit a communications plan and receive individual feedback from the instructor.
- On the last day of the workshop, you will be offered up to 30-minute face-to-face consultation/analysis of the communication abilities within your business that allows to show you exactly where to streamline the communication strategy and drive better performance within your team and ultimately your business.
Schedule: 4 days in a row
Duration: 4 days, 12 hours
Fee: AMD 38,000
About the trainer: Gayane Grigoryan, has developed and delivered marketing communications programmes for many major hospitality leaders, such as Kempinski Hotels, Accor Group (Sofitel, Novotel), Swiss-Belhotel International, Best Western, Royal Tulip, Rotana Hotel Management Corporation, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts. She has experience in winning contracts, advising companies on their marketing communications, providing communications solutions and assessing marketing communications plans. Her approach is to help delegates understand what they need to do to achieve practical outcomes that can be applied in the workplace.
Gayane is a marketing and communications strategist with over 10 years of diversified experience in Communications, Strategic Media Planning and Implementation, Digital, Social Media Marketing, Media Relations Management, Marketing Communications, Crisis Communications, Reputation Management, Public Relations Management. Currently she holds a position of Marketing and Communications Director at the UAE based IRIS Media and PR Company, which is specialized in providing media and communication consulting services for Tourism and Hospitality Companies.
Some of her articles related to marketing communications have been published by Forbes Middle East, Executive Women, Qatar Tribune News and several other UAE based news channels.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.