How to Write a Winning Global Résumé
YOU CAN’T GET A GLOBAL JOB WITH A “LOCAL” RÉSUMÉ!
The generally accepted résumé format has evolved dramatically since the “great recession!”
- The conventional – boring – CV that you’re currently using is obsolete
- A hot job at companies like Google, Nestle, or Toyota receives 300+ résumés
- Your résumé is your single most powerful marketing document
In this seminar you will gain the skills you need to write a résumé that will land your dream job. Using proprietary templates, supporting documentation and active discussion, you will achieve a leg-up on your competition by learning the following:
- The seven secrets of winning résumés
- The ten building-blocks of winning résumés
- The five fatal flaws that render your résumé ineffective
You will also acquire advanced skills including:
- Changing careers using an “objective statement” résumé
- Writing an attention-grabbing cover letter
- Cracking the code to fequently-asked interview questions
The seminar will conclude with brief, one-one-one résumé reviews with the lecturer.
Lecture Date: May 16, 2017
Օne-on-one résumé reviews, 13:30-16:30 (advance registration is required)
Venue: Manoogian Hall, AUA PAB
Fee: Free for graduating students
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.