Human Centric Marketing
Course Description: This course is an introduction to the role of marketing within the business firm. Quantitative methods and behavioural theories are utilized. It provides the student an opportunity to apply analytical concepts and techniques developed in psychology, economics, quantitative analysis, accounting, and finance to marketing problems. The course will utilize case studies, and oral and written presentations. Specific topics to be covered include: customer analysis and buyer behaviour, market segmentation, market research, distribution channels, product pricing and strategy, pricing, advertising, and sales force management.
After taking this course you will be able to:
- Define marketing and discuss what it entails
- Understand how to analyze a company from a marketing perspective
- Understand how to utilize consumer segmentation and their different types
- Describe the factors involved in consumer decision marketing
- Develop a profile of a high value consumer target
Dates: April 15-22
Total class hours: 12 hours / 4 days
April 15, Saturday: 3PM – 6PM
April 18, Tuesday: 6PM – 9PM
April 20, Thursday: 6PM – 9PM
April 22, Saturday: 3PM – 6PM
Course fee: AMD 54,000 for the entire course
Language of Instruction and Course Handouts: English
About the instructor: Armen A. Avakian is currently a Partner/Regional Director at the Garrison Marketing Group; a specialized marketing consulting resource for multinational as well as large local brands. He is responsible for Russia, Ukraine & CIS, Turkey & the Middle East and Africa. The Garrison Marketing Group is highly involved in leading edge marketing throughout the region with clients such as Coca Cola, Danone, IKEA, Sony PlayStation, Telenor, Pfizer, UniCredit Bank, Bayer, etc. Armen has personally overseen projects that cover over 120 brands worldwide. His client list includes, but is not limited to Danone, Carlsberg, EFES, P&G (multiple countries), Carlsberg Balkans, LEGO Denmark, Solen Turkey, Sportmaster Russia, Raffeisen Bank Hungary.
Armen is a Professor of Applied Marketing Strategies (MBA level) at the American University of Armenia. He has previously also taught at CEU Business School based in Budapest, Skolkovo, IE Business School, etc. He is a published marketer with articles in leading marketing and advertising magazines in different countries. You can find his articles on the Garrison Marketing Group website: http://www.garrisongroup.eu.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.