This course is designed as an overview of the Human Resource Management (HRM) function and the HR manager’s role in managing the employee career cycle from entry to exit. It acquaints participants with the authority, responsibility, functions, and problems of human resource management. Topics include, but are not limited to: defining human resource management; contemporary issues in HRM: competency job analysis techniques; job design; succession planning; conducting competency-based recruiting, interviewing, and selecting employees; competency iceberg model; performance management and appraisal systems; employee training and development: disciplinary action and employee rights.
Target audience: This training course is designed to provide Human Resource professionals as well as directors and managers of corporate businesses, international and local organizations and NGOs with a comprehensive understanding of Human Resources Strategic Management. Participants will sharpen the skills to attract highly qualified professional workforce, implement strategic planning of human resources needs, as well as planning for increasing employee motivation and coaching for the personal development of staff. It provides practical tools, techniques, strategies and best practices adapted to the local employment/labor culture and environment.
Start date: October 9, 2018
End date: November 1, 2018
Duration: 24 hours, 8 meetings
Schedule: Tuesday and Thursdays, 18:30 – 21:30
Fee: 75,000 AMD (VAT inclusive)
About the instructor: Arpi Karapetyan is the Founder and Managing Partner of Cascade People & Business (www.cascade.am). Besides she is a Chairman of Armenian HR Association (www.hrclub.am) and the initiator of Regional HR Conference. She is Internationally Certified HR Professional (SPHRi, SCP), Internationally Certified Coach (ECC, ACSTH), trainer and consultant. Arpi has PhD in Social Psychology. With over 20-years of extensive experience in Human Resources Management and over 10 years’ experience in Training and Development, Arpi has worked with numerous renowned native and international companies from banking, insurance, production, IT, Telecommunication, retail, NGOs and other sectors. Arpi Karapetyan has her own training programs, as well she is a certified instructor from HRCI (Human Resources Certification Institute, USA). To learn more visit www.arpikarapetyan.com
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.