Exercising leadership is about disturbing the status quo and helping people to thrive. That is why it is a dangerous practice and people practicing it usually are shoved out too early. To stay in the game long enough requires that you recognize the voices in your head and how they affect your moves. One also need to learn how to “negotiate” with those voices. This course will teach you just that.
In the Adaptive Leadership course, the participants learn about leadership from a systemic perspective and are trained to disrupt the status quo of the system.
This course helps the participants to discover the “systems” in their minds and souls. During this course the participants will learn to recognize the “voices” in their ears and ways with which they can “negotiate” with them.
Build on theory and practice, this course:
1) teaches the participants to learn about their own internal systems;
2) provides a diagnostic framework;
3) allows the participants to:
- understand their “loyalties”;
- discover the roles they play;
- define their purpose;
- effectively intervene in social systems;
- learn to inspire people;
- survive and thrive.
The course is built both on theory and team discussions and activities. Course participants will watch two films.
Start date: January 25, 2019
End date: January 26, 2019
Schedule: Friday 18:30 – 22:00, Saturdays, 10:00-19:00
Course Fee: 54,000 AMD
About the Instructor: Varoujan Avedikian teaches Adaptive Leadership in various forums. He is a student of Harvard Kennedy School world-renowned leadership professor Ron Heifetz and has been a course assistant to both professor Heifetz and another professor of the same school Hugh O’Doherty. Varoujan has Masters in Public Administration from Harvard University Kennedy School of Government, LL.M. from Boston University School of Law, and another LL.M. from University of Leicester School of Law. He is also the managing partner at the legal and advisory firm TK & Partners.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.