As a manager or a business owner, you always seek for growth opportunities for your business. But can you think about any project that bring potential growth points to life if you know there will be no money for its implementation? In most cases, the proposed venture will not be financed with your money. In emerging markets in general and CIS countries in particular the availability of external financing for business is very low.
But outside capital (equity as well as debt) can be attracted abroad from international investment funds, business angels and international banks. You will gain general understanding of international fundraising and learn how to calculate main project ratios particularly for international investors during the first two seminars.
The experience of many companies shows that considering the possibility of raising funds from sources abroad helps to discover new business opportunities and improve existing business processes.
By the end of the course the participants will:
- have a clear understanding of the possibilities of international fundraising for companies in CIS markets and in Armenia.
- understand how projects are selected and financed, what is entrance and exit for international investors.
- gain skills and MS Excel tools that help to translate company’s and projects’ strategies into financial results.
- understand the difference and importance of revenue, profit and cash flow for different types of international investors.
- understand the competitive advantages and strong points of Armenian companies in the eyes of international investors and how to communicate them.
- get acquainted with international funds and assessment of abilities for fundraising.
Start date: January 25, 2018
End Date: February 1, 2018
Schedule: Tuesdays, Thursdays, 18:30-20:30, Saturdays, 11:00-13:00
Duration: 10 hours
Fee: AMD 55,000
About the trainer: Lyudmila Adamyan has wide experience in the sphere of finance and investments. As an investment analyst in “Finmodel” corporate finance advisory, Moscow investment boutique, she took part in 10 fundraising and M&A projects in the following industries: marketplace in express delivery, fitness clubs, digital and media, self-service systems, retail (fashion and grocery), wastewater treatment facilities, industrial nanomaterials. Three of them led by her have successfully attracted more than 2 billion rubles of capital. She also worked with government finance while being a senior state inspector in Russian Federal Service for Fiscal and Budgetary Supervision. She took part in RUSNANO investment projects and worked on establishment of high-tech innovative capacities in Russia. As a student of The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, she devoted her scientific works to the competitiveness of Russian business and benefits for it from working with government. Now in Armenia, historic motherland, Lyudmila is eager to share her knowledge and experience with representatives of Armenian business and non-profit organizations.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.