This course aims to teach how to effectively plan and budget media spends to generate maximum possible ROI (Return on Investment). The course involves understanding what media buying, media placement constitutes of, and the terms and the terminologies associated with it. The course will facilitate students to be well versed with key terms like Gross Rating Points (GRPs), Reach, Frequency, Cost Per Point (CPP) and so on.
The course will touch upon planning peculiarities on multitude media channels such as TV, Out of Home, Radio and Digital.
At the end of the course, participants will have base-line knowledge needed to plan and asses the advertising investments, build efficient media mix, and evaluate media placement results.
The course provides a deeper trust for clients who place their brand investment in the hands of their media agency. The credential is also for marketers looking to display their understanding of the media ecosystem.
The participants will:
- gain fundamental understanding on media landscape in Armenia, audience measurement tools.
- have a basic idea about legislative limitations of advertising in Armenia in different spheres (pharma, telecom, finance and etc)
- learn how to create media strategy and fix core media objectives (GRPs, Reach & Frequency)
- master the necessary skills for developing media brief
- learn how to develop media plans and manage media campaign
- learn how to phase the advertising campaign, calculate cost efficiency based on season, day-part split and etc
- learn how to interpret essential media reports (post buy analysis, MMO, competitive overview)
Schedule: Monday through Saturday, 18:30-21:30
Duration: 18 hours
Fee: AMD 38,000
About the instructor: Tanya Torosyan has more than 16 years working experience in media planning and media buying. She has an extensive experience both on the agency side (currently as a CEO of English-Japanese media agency Carat Armenia, from 2005-2012 as a Media Director of Starcom Armenia) and on a client side as a Head of Marketing Department of Inecobank. Besides a background in marketing and economics, Tanya Torosyan holds a MA in international relations and certificate in conflict resolution from University of Cologne.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.