This course is teaching you to become proficient and knowledgeable in most aspects of hotel operations and management; about the key features of hotels, the main departments and their responsibilities, and how to provide good service to customers using the provided knowledge.
This course provides an overview of hotel operations management guidelines and procedures, it is based on real life examples and will have guest speakers who have more than fifteen years of hotel industry experience. The topics of discussion include:
- Organizational Structure of Hotel Chains/Hotels
- Sales & Marketing/Revenue Management
- Event Management/Food & Beverage
- Front Office/Housekeeping
Start Date: April 10, 2018
End Date: April 26, 2018
Duration: 2 weeks, 2 hours per session, 10 hours in total (5 classes)
Schedule: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7PM – 9PM
Fee: AMD 38,000
Language of Instruction: English
About the trainer: Anahit Tantushyan is a hospitality professional, currently holding the position of the 1st Assistant General Manager at two hotel properties managed by Hyatt Hotels Corporation – Hyatt Place Yerevan and Hyatt Place Jermuk. Her career in hospitality started back in 2009 with her active participation in USAID/CAPS funded internship programs. Anahit has worked in PR, marketing, sales and operations at Armenia Marriott Hotel, Hyatt Place Yerevan and Hyatt Place Jermuk hotels. While working in Marriott, Anahit passed different cross trainings, received certification in «Marketing Knowledge Forum» from Professor Philip Kotler, attended Marriott Sales Universities in Berlin and Prague. During her working experience with Hyatt, Anahit was part of the executive pre-opening team of Hyatt Place Jermuk, represented Armenia in many destinations such as London, Moscow, Toronto, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Paris etc., and has been implementing innovative ideas and unique approach for the success of the company.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.