Hotel revenue management is a daily, systematic process designed to increase revenue by selling the right room to the right person at the right time for the right price.
Implementing a revenue management strategy is one of the most important revenue-generating initiatives available to a hotel, significantly increasing room revenue and profits. Having access to quality data and knowing how to use it effectively is the core of successful revenue management.
This course provides an overview of revenue management guidelines and procedures in overall revenue management and the topics of discussion include:
- 21st Century – Century of Revenue Management
- Organizational Structure of International Hotel Chains
- Pricing Strategies and Competition
- Market Segmentation
- Group Segment Management
- Distribution Channels and their Impact on Hotel Selling Strategies
- Expenditure Database in the Hotel Industry
- Forecasting & Budgeting
Duration: 4 weeks, 2 hours per session, 16 hours in total (8 classes)
Schedule: 7PM – 9PM (the days to be decided later)
Fee: AMD 60,000
Language of instruction: English
About the trainer: Anahit Tantushyan is a hospitality professional, currently holding the position of the 1st Assistant General Manager at two hotel properties managed by Hyatt Hotels Corporation – Hyatt Place Yerevan and Hyatt Place Jermuk. Her career in hospitality started back in 2009 with her active participation in USAID/CAPS funded internship programs. Anahit has worked in PR, marketing, sales and operations at Armenia Marriott Hotel, Hyatt Place Yerevan and Hyatt Place Jermuk hotels. While working in Marriott, Anahit passed different cross trainings, received certification in «Marketing Knowledge Forum» from Professor Philip Kotler, attended Marriott Sales Universities in Berlin and Prague. During her working experience with Hyatt, Anahit was part of the executive pre-opening team of Hyatt Place Jermuk, represented Armenia in many destinations such as London, Moscow, Toronto, Abu Dhabi, Dubai etc., and has been implementing innovative ideas and unique approach for the success of the company.
Attention! This course is both open to public, and is a part of the Certificate Program in TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT. Attendance Certificates will be provided for participating in each of the individual courses, while students who take at least 5 of the courses included in the program will be granted a Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality Management from AUA Extension.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.