The course will cover the principles of information security management commonly used in business. It will also provide IT Professionals, IT Auditors and other individuals interested in information security with frameworks and methods to critically explore the suitability and appropriateness of these, for addressing today’s organizational security needs.
The participants will learn how to manage and adapt technology to their enterprise and industry. The course is divided into four general domains:
- Information Security Governance
- Information Risk Management
- Information Security Program Development and Management
- Information Security Incident Management
The training is designed to take 12 hours (4 days); it includes materials, case studies, debates, discussions and teamwork. The languages of instruction are English and Armenian, while all materials are in English.
Course Objectives are to:
- establish and maintain framework to assure information security strategies are aligned with business objectives, and are consistent with applicable laws and regulations,
- identify and manage information security risks to achieve business objectives,
- create a program to implement the information security strategy,
- implement an information security program,
- oversee and direct information security activities to execute the information security program,
- plan, develop, and manage capabilities to detect, respond to, and recover from information security incidents.
The intended audience for this course is information security and IT professionals, such as network administrators and engineers, IT managers, and IT auditors, and other individuals who want to learn more about information security, who are interested in learning in-depth information about information security management, who are looking for career advancement in IT security, or who are interested in earning the valuable certification in Information Security.
Course Fee: 75,000 AMD
About the Instructor: Armen Baghdasaryan has been working in IT and Information Security for more than 10 years. As a Business Continuity Manager at the Central Bank of Armenia, he set up Business Continuity Management System in CBA according with ISO27001 and ISO22301 international standards. He becomes an ISACA member in 2017 and he has been holding Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certificate since January 2018. Armen also got an ISO22301 (Business Continuity standard) Lead Implementer certificate from PECB in April 2013.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.