This course is designed to help non-native speakers of English to communicate effectively in the medical sector. This course is focused on both written and oral skills to develop language skills through discussions, presentations, and debates around general themes. Introduce medical terminology with emphasis on pronunciation. In addition, medical texts and case studies are used in order for students to put their newly acquired skills to the test while analyzing specific medial situations. Students are tested on regular basis by completing multiple choice questions and fill in the blank exercises and writing medical reports. Each unit within the course will present a specific medical vocabulary set which will be used to extend and strengthen students’ communication abilities which will allow them to perform a general examination taking a medical history of a patient through dialogue (role playing).
Target Audience: Doctors, dentists, nurses, pharmacists, medical students, and other professionals working in the medical sphere
Course duration: 40 Hours
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 19:00-21:00
Course Fee: AMD 68,000
Requirements: Participants should score Level 3 or 4 from English Placement test. Placement tests take place every Wednesday, 13:30. Test fee is 2,100 AMD. Advance registration is required.
About the Instructor:
Ms. Diana Hassassian comes from US and has been living in Armenia since 2005. She has worked in the teaching field for 17 years, both in a public school, in private language centers and as a private tutor. Despite having a BA degree in Business Administration from Northeastern University, it became clear early on in her career that teaching General English and English for Specific Purposes was her passion.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.