This training course is designed to provide Human Resources Professionals and managers of corporate businesses with a detailed understanding of performance appraisal system design and management processes. Participants will gain advanced knowledge on the subject which will enable them to develop in-house performance management system driving to raise the overall organizational performance and productivity at their workplace. They will gain skills how to institute mechanisms for measurable performance, set realistic Key Performance Indicators as an instrument to assess employee productivity. Participants will work on their own performance plans or desired sample ones with corresponding performance indicators. The illustrative KPIs will be designed for various industries (IT, sales, marketing, HR, etc.) and grade levels (junior all the way to partner or CEO) to demonstrate how to measure performance against such factors as job knowledge, quality and quantity of output, initiative, leadership abilities, supervision, dependability, co-operation, judgment, versatility and health.
In this course, the participants will learn:
- how to utilize the criteria that is job specific and industry specific for performance appraisal,
- various performance evaluation methods and their application,
- how to design performance appraisal systems and institute appropriate measurement techniques,
- to tie the performance appraisal system to overall goals f the organization from strategic HRM perspective.
Schedule: 3 times a week, 2 hours per session, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Hours: 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Duration: 1 week, 6 hours
Fee: AMD 38,000
About the instructor: Mané Beglaryan is a management consultant with a background in private sector development having worked for leading consulting companies in Washington, DC. USA. Her main areas of interest are public and private sector management, strategic planning and execution, organizational gap analysis, development and optimization, change initiation and institutionalization, program evaluation. Prior to joining AUA College of Business and Economics, Mané worked on USAID-funded projects in the area of policy and provision of technical assistance for select government ministries and agencies. She has also consulted for the EU Advisory Group to the Republic of Armenia as an expert on tax and customs policy issues to the Ministry of Finance and State Revenue Committee. She was the Branch Manager for Chemonics International Armenia maintaining firm’s operations and ties with donor community in Armenia. Mané’s consulting clients include Euromonitor International, Eclof International, UNIDO, UNDP, UN WOMEN Georgia, Counterpart International, Armenian Water and Sewerage Company, CBA.
Mané is a full-time faculty in Manoogian Simone College of Business and Economics where she teaches management, negotiations and human resources courses to graduate and undergraduate students. She is an invited professor to Audencia School of Business at Nantes, France for summer term teaching of HRM course.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.