Considering the increasing demand of Persian language for experts of various fields in Armenia, the course is aimed at a wide range of students with a general interest in Persian language. However, students of business, political science and international affairs, as well as individuals involved in tourism and service industry are encouraged to apply. No prior knowledge of Persian is required as the course is for complete beginners.
The objective of the course is to acquire basic language skills at the end of the semester.
By the end of the course language learners will:
- be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding their way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc.
- be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics.
- have developed an insight into Persian-speaking life, culture and society.
After the completion of the course the participants will be able to communicate with Persian speakers in simple contexts and everyday conversation.
Schedule: 3 days per week, 2 hours per session
Duration: 6 weeks, 36 hours
Start Date: October 30
End Date: December 8
Fee: 58,000 AMD
Language of instruction: Armenian/English
About the Instructor: Ani Beyt-Movsess is a BA graduate of English Translation from Islamic Azad University Tehran Central Branch, and an MA graduate of Ancient Iranian Studies from Tehran University. She has also attended a summer school in Leiden University in the Netherlands on Ancient Iranian Studies in 2010.
Ani Beyt-Movsess was a lecturer of English language in several academic and educational centres in Iran including Medical Sciences Faculty of Tehran University, and Pharmaceutical Sciences of Islamic Azad University in Tehran.
After repatriating to Armenia in May 2009, she lectured in English language at Foreign Languages Centre of European Academy, and Persian language at Yerevan State Linguistic University Named after Valery Bryusov. Afterwards she lectured in Middle Persian Pahlavi language at Yerevan State University in 2011. She has been working as freelance translator and independent contractor with a number of foreign companies and news agencies since 2011.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.