This is a three-day hands-on training on effective verbal, non-verbal, written communication, as well as presentation creation and delivery at an executive level. The training is designed to take 9 hours, delivered in three sessions, one session each day. It includes video and audio materials, milestone assignments and a final presentation by participants. The language of instruction is English.
The training is organized into three core topics of
1) verbal business communication,
2) written business communication, and
3) communication through presentations.
A special emphasis is placed on influencing action by leading more effectively through well-organized and successfully-executed business communication strategies. Participants learn how to create carefully planned and confidently delivered emails, presentations, speeches and other forms of business communication. Each of the three topic areas concludes with an interactive team activity and/or an individual task to reinforce learning objectives and assess progress.
Schedule: 6:30 – 9:00 PM
Fee: 63,000 AMD
About the Instructor: Dr. Sergey Tantushyan is the Director of Extension Programs at the American University of Armenia and a Strategy professor in the MBA program at AUA.
Sergey was formerly a Deputy CEO at IDeA Foundation, a major philanthropic organization undertaking headline development projects in Armenia. He has a management consulting background with 15 years of experience in strategic planning, project implementation, and strategy advice, in New York, Yerevan and Moscow. He has worked at the Central Bank of Armenia and served as a consultant at the OSCE office in Yerevan. Sergey’s private sector experience includes management positions in investment and consulting companies in Russia, from 2005 to 2007. Back in Armenia, Sergey headed the Strategy Development Division of AmeriaBank in Yerevan from 2007 to 2009, and thereafter pursued his MBA in Boston. Before returning to Armenia in 2012, he worked as an Economist at The Conference Board in New York.
In addition to his 2011 MBA from Brandeis International Business School in Boston, Sergey also holds an MSc in Economics from Yerevan State, an MCLS from AUA, and a Doctorate degree in Finance and Economics from the National Academy of Sciences of Armenia. As a 2006 Fulbright Fellow, he pursued studies in Strategic Development and Global Economy at Dickinson College, PA. Sergey is also an alumnus of the Eurasia Executive Leadership Program (2008), University of Cambridge, UK. In 2009, he became a Sauvé Scholar and Academic trainee at McGill University, Canada.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.