This course empowers you to become a skilled agile professional with deep knowledge of a broad range of agile methods, including Scrum, XP (extreme programming), Crystal and Lean thinking, including Lean Product Development and Kanban. The ACP is PMI’s fastest-growing certification and is a recognized way for a project manager to demonstrate experience and professional versatility. The training is designed to take 35 hours; it includes presentation slides, case studies, quizzes, facilitated workshops and teamwork. The language of instruction is English.
This PMI ACP training course will enable you to:
- Understand the history of agile, including founding, evolution, core concepts and principles
- Develop a working knowledge of the Agile principles of Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Develop the expertise of implementing multi-iterative development models for any scale of projects
- Develop the ability to use rolling wave planning and progressive elaboration
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to clear the PMI-ACP certification exam along with the requisite 21 PDUs
The course also provides an introduction to the application process for the certification exam and will show you how to best pass the exam with tips and tricks, strategies and tools.
Course objectives: The course covers agile methodologies, tools and techniques extensively and provides real-life scenarios plugged in throughout the course. It covers the seven domains in the same sequence as specified in PMI’s exam content outline.
Start date: June 8, 2018
End date: July 2, 2018
Language of delivery: English
Duration: 35 hours
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 18:30-21:30
Fee: 115,000 AMD
About the trainer: Aram Petrosyan PMP®, PMI-ACP® – A proven Project Management Professional (PMP®) and agile practitioner certified through Project Management Institute. – Member of PMI, Project Management Lecturer in BSC. Over 5 years of project management and team leading in IT sphere. – Certified ScrumMaster (SMAC™), Certified Scrum Product Owner (SPOAC™), Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt. Aram has a long track record of ensuring web projects are delivered to the highest quality, within budget by effectively organizing, managing and utilizing all resources able to lead teams on IT and commercial projects where the highest standards are routinely demanded. Always being actively involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle delivers high-value projects in rather different organizations and across different geographies.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.