This course is offered for learners who have basic knowledge in Arabic language (beginner level). The course will be taught by using a variety of learning techniques and methods which will enable diverse learners to gain the basics of the language authentically.
This course is aimed at
- using situations experienced in daily life
- achieving efficiencies in basic communications,
- practicing activities focused on communication skills, and linguistic competencies
Start date: May 3, 2017
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
Duration: 26 hours
Fee: 50,000 AMD
Language of instruction: Arabic
About the instructor: Setrag Hovsepian, is a lecturer of Arabic Studies in the Oriental Studies faculty at Yerevan State University and an English Instructor at AUA Extension. He has several years of experience in translation, editing, and teaching languages. Setrag holds a BA from Damascus University and an MATEFL from American University of Armenia; he recently attended an Arabic teaching training at Cairo University.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.