Are you interested in working for projects?
If YES, this course is a perfect fit for YOU!
The course covers the fundamentals of project management, where students learn what project management involves and how to approach it successfully. The course provides students with the opportunity to apply project management principles to real-world situations with the use of case studies, teamwork and mock-projects. While PMP exam can be a long and dry subject, this workshop takes an easy and practical approach to completing projects successfully and focuses on the application of project management tools and techniques.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will have the confidence and the necessary level of knowledge to manage a project from the initiation phase up to the closing.
- People who intend to become a project manager or a project coordinator
- People who just started their career in project management
- People who want to change the job and start working for projects
- People who want to learn about project management
Note: The course is aligned with the Global Project Management Standard of the Project Management Institute (www.pmi.org).
Start date: November 15, 2018
End date: December 15, 2018
Duration: 40 hours
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 18:30-21:30
Fee: AMD 120,000
About the trainer: Mr. Hovhannes Minasyan is an experienced project management professional and consultant with main focus on e-Government, information and communication technologies. In close cooperation with international organizations, global corporations and state authorities he has successfully directed and managed numerous national level e-Government and telecom projects. He has also implemented a number of projects related to the introduction of new products and services, and organizational change. His portfolio includes implementation of the Integrated Health Information System of Armenia (eHealth), modernization of Biometric Identification System of Armenia, launch of Mobile-ID Authentication system.
Mr. Minasyan has technical academic background and managerial professional experience, which have prepared him well to understand and solve complex operational, technical and development issues. Mr. Minasyan is a member of the Project Management Institute and is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP.) Currently he serves as a PMI Armenia Chapter Liaison to the PMI Educational Foundation. Also, he has experience in community and pro bono work, volunteering for several causes and charity initiatives.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.