Public speaking skills give a competitive advantage to business people. The ability to express thoughts in an organized manner and to deliver them with confidence sets people apart.
During this workshop, the participants will learn how to deliver speeches professionally on any occasion from a team meeting to a stage performance. They will learn to organize and prepare effective speeches. Additionally, they will train their abilities to give a constructive feedback, while constantly giving feedback to each other.
This workshop will actively train the following aspects:
- how to structure the speech efficiently, depending on the occasion and the intention (motivating, inspiring, convincing…)
- appearance and presence in front of the audience
- verbal aspects: intentional use of voice and pauses
- non-verbal aspects: gestures, posture, body language, use of a room
- getting familiar with visual aids: working with flipchart, board, slides
- techniques to provide powerful and effective feedback
The workshop includes video materials and case studies. The participants will be kindly asked to bring a presentation of their latest report/talk/speech. After active training of the above-mentioned aspects, each participant will deliver a short (3-4 min) presentation, which will be video recorded and evaluated in the workshop. On this basis, each participant will train and get feedback regarding his/her individual presentation techniques and methods.
The language of instruction is English.
Schedule: Tuesday & Thursday, 18:30-21:30, Saturday, 10:00-14:00
Fee: 28,000 AMD
This workshop is designed for:
- Team leaders
Instructor bio: Hayk Vardanyan is not a standard trainer or coach. He is not a theoretician with dozens of certificates. What he does, he shares with you his knowledge based solely on his own experience.
Dr. Hayk Vardanyan is a scientist, lecturer and a public speaker from Germany. He received his Ph.D. in life sciences at the Heinrich-Heine University in Dusseldorf. Currently, he is working here as a researcher and a lecturer. Since over 9 years, Mr. Vardanyan is teaching to German students, doing presentations on the international meetings and conferences while working in a multicultural environment. As a result, he developed exceptionally strong communication and presenting skills.
As a speaker, he held over 200 presentations, speeches, and evaluations for students, scientists, and industry representatives.
Mr. Vardanyan is a member of the biggest rhetoric club in Europe. Other members of the club are lawyers, bankers and top managers from the industry.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.