The main objective of the course is to give a holistic perspective of the strategic planning process from initiation stage to execution and equip the participants by proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas from a wide range of contemporary strategic thinking. The course is based on the “Think, Plan, Act” approach of the Association of Strategic Planning and will discuss the major aspects of the Art of Strategic Planning: Strategic thinking; Building Blocks and principles of Strategy Development; Main Tools and Methods for each Building Block; Strategic Planning as a Process through breakout sessions, exercises, case applications etc. At the end of the course, participants will have base-line knowledge needed to plan and initiate a comprehensive strategic planning process.
- Recognize the essence of strategic thinking
- Identify major drivers of business today: vision, hyper competition, increasing complexity of the organization, strategic control, governance
- Conduct external and internal environmental scan
- Understand the role of ‘vision’ and mission
- Develop a hierarchy of company objectives and relate those objectives to the market and the performance
- Develop competency at identifying alternative strategies
- Develop some skill at implementing strategic choices
- Test their strategic control measures
- Understand how to design a Strategic Planning Process for their company
Who should attend? This course is for Company owners, Executives, Division leaders, Senior managers or Internal Consultants with responsibility for strategy formulation and implementation. Participants with extensive experience in planning will gain new insights and methods during the program. Managers just moving into planning areas will get a jump-start on the process—learning how leadership, vision, and strategy interact to create competitive advantage.
We invite you to bring your strategic dilemmas to this program, get direction on analytical and organizational approaches, initiate business competitive strategy development process and develop the best strategic plan to support your company’s goals!
Duration: 18 hours
Course Fee: 39,000 AMD
Language of instruction: English
Enrollment: Online application, CVs, Letters of Interests (both should be sent to email@example.com) – how the participants plan to apply the knowledge and skills acquired during the training
About the Instructor: Maria Hovoumyan is the Founder and Managing Partner of IMPACT Solutions Consulting Company (https://www.impact-s.com/), Management Consultant and a Business Trainer specialized in Participatory Strategy Development and Execution, Change Management and Talent Development.
With over 18-years of experience in OD, Strategy Consulting and T&D, she provided services to a huge number of local and international companies from various industries, such as IT, Telecommunication, insurance, banking, production, retail, NGO and public sectors in Armenia and RF.
Maria is an author of training programs and more than 30 articles on Strategic Planning, Change Management, Business Communication, Cross-Cultural Communication and HR Management published in “Management of Personnel Development”, “Human Potential Management” (Grebennikon Articles), Brainity (https://www.brainity.moscow/) and other leading Russian professional journals and portals.
Maria has Masters in Political Science from YSU, International Diploma on Business/Human Resource Management and Administration from Cambridge International Collage, Britain. For ongoing professional development, she has passed numerous trainings and certification programs locally and abroad. To learn more visit www.linkedin.com/in/MariaHovoumyan.
Online application: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.