Negotiation is inseparable part of our daily activities. It takes place at every moment of our lives: at home, in the workplace, in intra and inter-state affairs. This course will provide students with negotiation theory and practice and will teach modern negotiation vocabulary. Course participants will be able to crystalize their own negotiation style and negotiate wisely and skillfully in all spheres of life.
This course is designed for mid-career professionals. It will focus on multi-sectoral approach to negotiation, including examples from the public, private, and non-profit sectors. The important concepts of the course will be interest vs. position, integrative vs. distributive models in negotiation, cognitive processes informing decision-making in negotiation, issues of culture and gender, managing emotions, dimensions of negotiation, etc. The lectures will be supplemented with case studies and role plays.
As a result of the course students will be able to
- Get acquainted with the negotiation theory and practice
- Find their own negotiation style, capitalize on strengths, and identify development areas
- Be aware of and control external and internal factors affecting negotiation process
- Achieve desired results not by defeating the other side but by reaching consensus
- Negotiate with confidence
Sign up for the Art of Negotiation or How to Get What You Want course now!
Start date: April 9, 2018
End date: April 18, 2018
Duration: 10 hours
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 18:30–20:30
Course Fee: AMD 38,000
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.