The Education Experience (EE) course presents the concept of Education in the twenty-first century. It explores the dynamics of some educational institutions; a range of local and international teaching practices and offers models of productive pedagogies. The participants will develop their skills and knowledge of teaching practicum. They will discover how they can empower the next generation and influence positive change. The training is intended to take 30 hours; it includes a range of ICT tools, video materials, case studies, debates, quizzes, role-play and teamwork. The language of instruction is English.
The course is delivered in an interactive manner focusing on real-life examples. It takes a new approach to learning that creates education leaders who have globally transferable skills. The practicum is designed so that collaboration and feedback possibilities are scheduled to guide participants and support them in achieving the outcomes. Assessment of the practicum is formative, presented and discussed with scholars in the middle and at the end.
After the completion of the course, participants would be able to apply their newly acquired skills and expertise in both teaching and non-teaching roles.
Start date: February 5, 2019
End date: March 9, 2019
Schedule: Tuesdays, Thursdays, 18:30 – 21:30
Duration: 30 hours
Course Fee: 69,900 AMD
About the Instructor: Robert’s educational career spans over 16 years of international teaching experience, including teaching in New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Kazakhstan.
His credentials include a Bachelor’s in Education, Teaching diploma and a Master’s degree in Education from the University of Newcastle in Australia.
Robert has taught diverse groups of students and has been involved in designing and implementing educational courses focusing on Pedagogy and Information and Communication Technology
He believes that as an educator, he has a role to guide his students to make a difference in the world. Robert leads his course participants through the conceptual framework behind the subject knowledge which could enlarge their perspectives and expand career choices.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.