This course will discuss User Experience (UX) as a whole. It will look into the history of the industry, its principles, how it is different from UI (user interface), human-centred design, design thinking strategy and best practices. The course will also discuss how to make sure the UX of a product and its branding work harmoniously. It will also include what product managers and owners who are not UX designers should know in order to be able to asses the quality of the design done. The training is designed to take 16 hours; it includes visual materials, case studies, discussions, exercises and Q&A sessions. The language of the instruction is English and Armenian.
At the end of the course, participants will have a clear understanding of UX, UI and what needs to be considered when creating an application or product to make it user friendly, useful and successful. It will help participants to be able to communicate better with the UX designers in their teams and make better educated decisions that involve design direction.
Start date: March 5, 2019
End date: March 28, 2019
Duration: 16 hours
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 18:30-20:30
Fee: 58,000 AMD
About the Instructor: Taline Jivanian is a designer who after graduating in Graphic Design and Visual communication started her career in Branding and Advertising. Her experience evolved to web design and eventually to User interface and User experience design giving her a wide unique range of expertise in the industry both designing and teaching. She has been designing and consulting internationally since 2012. She is currently a senior Ui/Ux designer at PicsArt.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.