Based on best case studies
Tourism product is the core for a destination’s tourism supply chain: unless the tourism product meets the needs and expectations of tourists, anchored in the local traditions, history and legacy, the destination cannot realize its full potential. However, only few destinations focus their attention on the development and delivery of the various attractions and activities that make up the tourism product.
Tourism Product Development course outlines the essential elements in the process of tourism product development planning and implementation, e.g. coordination, consultation, collaboration – co-opetition. It illustrates these principles through a range of successful approaches and case studies from around the world and sets out best practice examples and benchmarks by which destinations can assess their own product development system and methods.
The course is designed for tour operators, local government bodies (business development and tourism specialists), private sector representatives.
This course provides opportunities to work individually and in groups on producing tourism products that are innovative, imaginative and practicable. The teaching is student-centred and combines formal content and experiential learning.
- Knowledge and skills to develop a tourism product
- Skills to price and strategize a product and project.
Duration: 30 hours
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 18:30-21:30
Fee: 55,000 AMD
About the instructor: Zarmine Zeitountsian was appointed the Chair of the State Tourism Committee of Armenia in October 2016. She has come on board with extensive managerial experience and successful track record of entrepreneurship and leadership in Russia, USA and Armenia.
Ms. Zeitountsian has an extensive background in international finance, non-profit management, the private sector and academia. She started her career in an emerging banking industry in Russia as the Deputy Head of the Foreign Exchange Department of the Moscow Bank of Technology. She continued her banking career in the United States as a Corporate Relationship Manager.
After receiving her MBA degree she left her career in banking to pursue her entrepreneurship career founding one of the successful multi-gallery art fairs in the United States and curated, organized and managed over 50 art exhibitions.
Ms. Zeitountsian moved to Armenia in 2010 to contribute to her home country and has worked in the fields of tourism development, marketing, fundraising, project management and development though holding various managerial positions
As the Project Manager of Tatev Revival Project at the National Competitiveness Foundation of Armenia, Ms. Zeitountsian successfully led one of the large-scale tourism development projects in Armenia. Other positions she has held include Development Director of the RVVZ Foundation and Dilijan International School of Armenia (UWC Dilijan), and Communications Director at the American University of Armenia. She currently teaches Integrated Marketing Communications and Sales Management at the American University of Armenia and Tourism Marketing, Branding and Consumer Behavior at the Leadership Academy.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.