Women Entrepreneurship Program
Women’s Entrepreneurship Program (WEP) is a high-powered training designed to address the specific needs, challenges, and opportunities faced by women in Armenia. More and more of WEP graduates are embracing entrepreneurship as a viable, fulfilling career alternative to traditional forms of employment and a powerful means of earning income. The WEP training course will teach you the financial and business fundamentals that every Armenian woman entrepreneur must know to compete and run her business profitably. Discover the mindset, vision, skills, and strategies needed for starting & succeeding in business Learn how to:
- Make the most of the female entrepreneur’s unique position in the marketplace
- Think differently and strategically when it comes to female business development
- Leverage innovative strategies to finance and grow your business
- Network effectively and develop strategic partnerships to increase chances for success and the magnitude of opportunities
- Overcome common barriers such as inaccessible markets, lack of information, and scarce resources
- Gather the required information to develop a realistic Business Plan
Start date: April 17, 2017
Registration deadline: April 4
Duration: 48 hours, 6 weeks
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays + one Saturday on-site visit to a successful business
Registration fee: AMD 5,000 (non-refundable)
Tuition is sponsored by Armenian International Women’s Association Admission to WEP is competitive.
The selection of participants will include: 1. Review of completed application package
The application package includes:
- Completed online application form (please see the instructions below)
- Applicant’s resume
2. Interviews with qualifying candidates: The course language is Armenian. This course is intended for RA women.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.