The ACT (American College Testing) is a standardized test for high school achievement and college admissions. This course aims at coaching prospective AUA applicants in preparing for the ACT Mathematics section.
The course combines several instructional methods to give students the most comprehensive training. It covers all sections included in the ACT Math section: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Coordinate geometry and basic Trigonometry. The instructor works on your basic skills and understanding of elementary mathematical concepts, as well as the ability to reason quantitatively and to solve problems in a test setting.
The AUA ACT Math Preparatory Course instructor will:
- Test students enrolled in this preparatory course to determine individual levels.
- Review with students each question type to determine individual strengths and weaknesses, and work on specific strategies and tactics to better prepare students with each type of question.
- Coach students to acquire skills and strategies for success in this standardized test.
- Provide sample tests and materials to help students gain confidence and get comfortable with the format before test day.
- Discuss student questions in an interactive format, focusing on identified problem areas, practicing valuable techniques, and correcting common errors before the official test date.
Improve your proficiency in Math with the ACT (Math section) preparatory course, apply now at extension.aua.am/online-registration-2.
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 18:30-21:30
Duration: 48 hours
Fee: AMD 85,000 for the entire course
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.