The course will provide an up-to- date language proficiency level of specific vocabulary. It will contain listening tasks, writing, reading and role play activities that will enhance and improve language skills of a candidate. The skills taught will be of upmost demand in the ever-changing world of business. The course will also involve enhancing the candidate’s discussion and argumentation skills that will enable for better expression during verbal communication. The course will be unique in the fact that the candidate will have the opportunity to compose better formal letters, incident reports, meeting minutes, as well as business proposals. Most importantly, the candidate will also be able to practice and carry out a verbal presentation using the target language taught during the course.
The course is appropriate for both an experienced business orientated candidate, as well as a budding future entrepreneur. The language covered in the course will enhance the candidate’s language level that will assist in his or her business demands.
Duration: 30 hours
Fee: AMD 62,000
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 18:30-20:30
Participants should score Level 5 from English Placement test. Placement tests are administered every Wednesday at 1:30PM . Test fee is 2,100 AMD. Advance registration is required: im.aua.am.
About the Instructor:
Artak Aloyan is a Certified Management Consultant (Essentials), an international trainer in Strategic Planning, Business Communications, Leadership, Management, Personal Growth.
He received his MA Degree from the American University of Armenia in 2001.
Artak is a soft skills trainer at the American University of Armenia Extension program. Also, Artak was an expert/trainer for EastInvest2 project (Eurochambres, EU). Besides, Artak is a freelance trainer for EBRD (European Bank of Reconstruction and Development) within WiB (Women in Business) training. Also, Artak is a CYD (Community and Youth Development) Technical Trainer at U.S. Peace Corps Armenia. Since 2009 Artak has been a country representative for the German training and expertise company called SES (Senior Expert Services) the headquarter of which is located in Bonn, Germany.
Internationally, he has conducted training in Georgia, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine.
Since 2000 Artak has been in the field of training, coaching, consulting, and lecturing providing training sessions and coaching to corporations and organizations like United Nations Development Program, American University of Armenia, AGBU, Ameriabank, Banking Management School, American Councils, Lydian International, EBRD, Synopsys, IREX, UNFPA, Enterprise Incubator Foundation, Peace Corps, Leadership School of Armenia and many more
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.