Financial Accounting, introduces the candidate to the fundamentals of the regulatory framework relating to accounts preparation and to the qualitative characteristics of useful information. It covers drafting financial statements and the principles of accounts preparation. It is to develop knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles and concepts relating to financial accounting. It enables students to develop technical proficiency in the use of double-entry accounting techniques including the preparation of basic financial statements. The course concentrates in depth on recording, processing, and reporting business transactions and events.
At the end of the course participants should be able to explain the context and purpose of financial reporting, define the qualitative characteristics of financial information, demonstrate the use of double-entry and accounting systems, record transactions and events and prepare a trial balance with the basic financial statements.
The course is recommended for MSSM new admits, but is also open for public.
Participants will get certificates upon successful completion of the course.
Schedule: Tuesdays & Fridays, 18:30-21:00
Fee: 55,000 AMD
Taxation is one of the few areas where everyone is affected throughout the world.
The objective of this course is to provide the student with the basic skills to identify the tax implications of business decisions and to develop knowledge and skills relating to the tax system as applicable to Armenian legal entities and individuals.
The course introduces the Armenian tax system via conceptual and applied material. Learners will be able to apply basic principles to settings involving individuals, corporations, and other business, complete key components of tax returns, and identify tax-related strategies and implications of structuring transactions and organizations. Students will learn the tax related double entry transactions, as well as their reflection on Financial Statements.
Practical in-class materials will help students to discovery technical tax knowledge along with the development of a variety of professional skills and attitudes.
The main topics of the course will be introduction of Armenian Tax System, introduction to Tax Planning, introduction to Income Taxation, taxation of Business Entities, International Taxation…. and More.
Each covered topic will be accompanied by the guest lecturer, who are experts in specific taxation field.
Schedule: Tuesdays & Fridays, 18:30-21:00
Fee: 45,000 AMD
Note: If a person takes both Financial Accounting & Taxation the fee goes down to 98,000 AMD instead of 100,000 AMD.
About the instructor: Seda Vardanyan is an experienced professional with 13+ years of working in the area of managerial, financial accounting and tax consulting. She has worked in consulting, auditing and finance fields at local companies, as well as PwC Hungary, General Electric. While doing her MBA at the Central European University (CEU) Seda spent one month visiting a number of innovative organization based in New York City, to complete an individual project on general management, leadership and financial control. Besides professional achievement, she did her research assistantship on the topics of “Directionality of Innovation of Armenia”.
Along with her ACCA and MBA she recently certified as a CEFE Trainer (Competency Based Economies through Formation of Entrepreneurs), a hands-on, interactive a visual methodology used in situational business games.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.