The General English courses at AUA Extension give students the opportunity to improve their all-round ability in English. Our courses are designed to develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, while providing a strong foundation of vocabulary and grammar.
At AUA Extension, we use a creative and interactive teaching approach to address the varied learning styles of our students and build confidence in their use of English. To ensure that learning is enjoyable and suited to our students’ needs, we use a range of complementary techniques and materials in addition to the core textbook. We aim to maximize language skill development and effective communication. Instruction is provided by professional teachers.
General English is taught in 6 levels: Level 1 (beginner), Level 2 (elementary), Level 3 (pre-intermediate), Level 4 (intermediate), Level 5 (upper intermediate) and Level 6 (advanced). Your level is estimated based on a placement test, which you need to take before enrolling in the General English courses at AUA Extension.
Start Date: Classes roll on a continuous basis
Duration: 80 hours conducted over 9 weeks
Schedule: 3 times per week, 3 hours per session
Days: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays or Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays
Time: Mornings – 10 AM – 1 PM
Afternoons – 3 PM – 6 PM
Evenings – 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Fees: Monthly fee is 52,000 AMD ATTENTION: Payment should be made for the entire course before classes start. The full course fee is 104,000 AMD.
Note: A placement test is required if you have not attended English courses at AUA. Placement tests are administered every Wednesday at 1:30PM . Advance registration is required: im.aua.am.
Placement test fee: AMD2100
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.