The French Intermediate level course is designed for students to gain proficiency, through the communicative approach, in coping with everyday situations, social and work-related conversations, as well as being in touch with the customs, holidays and traditions that relate to France. Also, the lessons will enable the student to practice the characteristics of French language, grammar, alphabet, and pronunciation. Moreover, during each lesson, students will apply new vocabulary and strengthen their language skills through reading, writing, listening and speaking. This course ensures A2 and A3 level of knowledge and opportunity to pass (DELF) A2 and A3 tests. Aside from the main textbook, songs, poems, proverbs, grammar games and audiovisual materials will be used to make the learning process more enjoyable by meeting the educational needs of each student
Schedule: Tuesdays and Fridays, 18:30-20:30
Duration: 4 months
Fee: AMD 60,000 (VAT inclusive)
About the instructor: Gyulen Sahakyan, has over thirty-five years of experience in teaching French Language. She has been teaching at AUA Extension since 1996. Ms. Sahakyan has participated in a number of seminars targeting innovative techniques of teaching as well as has presented and shared best practices “Noveau Sans Frontiere” international program teaching principles during “Week of Francofone” in Lebanon, Beirut. Her previous work experience includes teaching French language at school as well as at “GIIA-Groupement Interprofessionnel International Armenian” Organization. Gyulen Sahakyan has developed and used novel techniques in vocabulary and grammar.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.