This is a course that presents elements of what we call a “great hospitality”. How do you create (and maintain) a level of service so memorable that it becomes your brand and your competitive advantage? What determines success in the hospitality industry? How to keep pace with changing guests and their changing expectations? The course explains what’s involved in making the changes that are necessary to keep up. It also discusses how travellers of all ages and the young generation in particular, are influencing changes in hospitality services. The training is designed to take 12 hours; it includes group and individual exercises and discussions. The language of instruction is English and Armenian.
The course includes a large amount of discussion. It focuses on real-life examples from the hospitality industry leaders and leading companies. At the end of the course, participants will have a clear idea about what great hospitality implies, what systems and standards are and how they are important for a hospitality business, how best people are found and selected, how to cultivate the culture of great service in a business, and what employees with the potential to be great all have in common.
Schedule: Tuesdays, Thursdays, 18:30-20:30, Saturdays, 10:00-14:00
Duration: 12 hours
Fee: 43,000 AMD
About the Instructor: Diana Avetyan is a business consultant and trainer in management, marketing, digital marketing, sales, and tourism and hospitaltiy services. She is currently the owner and manager of a tour agency specializing in incoming tourism. She holds an MBA from the American University of Armenia with her major in marketing. For over 15 years she worked at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) responsible for private sector growth and competitiveness portfolio, with a particular focus on tourism and information technologies.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.