This course tells about social entrepreneurship. It particularly explains how SE differs from corporate social responsibility and charity. Five main indicators of social entrepreneurship will be presented during the course, with which the activity of any enterprise can be assessed. During the course, business models and types of social entrepreneurship will be presented, as well as the features of business conduct and stages of idea generation.
This course uses interactive methods such as individual, group, feature activity and discussion of situations, recruitment of reviews concerning the videos, and more.
The course will focus on specific case studies both in Armenia and abroad.
As a result of the training, participants will have a clear idea of how one can earn by doing good.
It can be useful for young people who want to establish an enterprise in the community, or a farmer who needs to improve his business, as well as for all NGOs who want to engage in entrepreneurial activity.
Start date: March 29, 2019
End date: April 15, 2019
Duration: 24 hours
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 18:30-21:30
Fee: 78,000 AMD
About the Instructor: Karen Sargsyan is a Candidate of Physico-mathematical (PhD), Certified Management Consultant (Essentials). Karen received certificates in the areas of organization development and human resource management in 2001-2003 and was trained in the management of changes in 2010-2012. From 2005 to 2008, he received certificates for entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship development.
In 1996, Karen started his business activities in the field of trade, leaving it back in 1999 and re-entering IT in 2009. Since 2012, he has decided to help start-ups and individuals in need of personal development. Since 2013, Karen is a mentor for various local and international organizations, as a result of which more than a dozen individuals and start-ups have succeeded. He is a trainer and consultant on Social Entrepreneurship within the EU, USAID, WB, SDC, GIZ and other subgrants as well as within the framework of CODE SE, a responsible and implementing educational program.
Since 2001, the key areas of Management have been the capacity assessment and development of NGOs (more than 30 famous NGOs), human resource management trainings since 2005, as well as consulting in various private sector companies (more than 5 famous companies). From 2011 he conducts the practical training courses with elements of human resources on Organization Development in YSU, as well as Change Management in Academy of Governance. From May 2018, he is carrying out a change management process for three ministries of Armenia, which is aimed at making the management system more effective.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.