This course is designed for absolute beginners who are interested in learning the Italian language and culture. This is an opportunity to study the language of arts, music, design, architecture, opera and food, as well to get socio-cultural knowledge about the country that hosts over 60 percent of the world’s cultural heritage sites.
During the course, the first language use is minimized. The methods are communicative and interactive which makes the learning process challenging and fun. The emphasis is put on communication; thus students speak Italian from the first day. They are engaged in interactive language activities, participating in group and pair work. The course focuses as well on creative and critical thinking. At the end of each lesson there is a “one-minute paper” activity to prompt students to reflect on the day’s lesson and give a feedback.
- Comprehend and respond with grammatical accuracy to simple oral and written communication
- Acquire basic various vocabulary
- Make short presentations
- Participate in open discussions
- Acquire sociocultural knowledge (about Italian geography, cuisine, culture, lifestyle, etc.)
Start date: March 26, 2019
End date: June 25, 2019
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 18:30–20:00
Course duration: 3 months
Course Fee: AMD 62,000 for the entire course
About the Instructor: Ani Vardanyan is a lecturer of the Italian language of Yerevan Brusov State University of Languages and Social Sciences. She earned her first degree in English and Italian languages from the same University and holds a BA from the University of Bologna and Master in teaching Italian language to foreigners from the University of Perugia. Ani completed numerous University programs and teacher trainings organized by the University of Venice, Perugia, NY and St. Petersburg Institute of Linguistics, Cognition and Culture, ECML, etc.) She has ten years of experience in teaching and translating, and has designed and launched Italian language courses in different educational institutions. She is a member of a network by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Italy which aims to foster the cooperation between the two countries.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.