This program is a journey to reset to your default well-being. The point of departure is the scientific evidence-based approach: resilience and adaptability are innate, whereas helplessness is learnt. Beliefs and habits which were useful in the past, can become unhelpful and limiting in the present due to the change in circumstances. Leaving behind what constrains our potential for growth to greatness is key to restore adaptability and resilience.
The aim here is to turn the latest scientific developments in psychology into transformational learning experiences. Alongside lectures, the program will expose you to a wide variety of techniques and exercises that have been found to be helpful to gain insights through your own personal/professional life examples. For that reason, outcomes of the program will be relevant and transferable to your business and personal situations in future.
In general terms, it will provide a setting to understand how state of your mind shapes your experience, impacts your decision making and actions, hence your overall quality of life. This will give you a greater awareness of your potential and resilience to begin with. On a more practical note, it will give you a framework to face everyday challenges with a new outlook in any area of your personal and professional life.
Start date: April 30, 2019
End date: May 14, 2019
Duration: 20 hours
Schedule: Tuesdays, Thursdays, 18:30–21:30, Saturdays, 10:00-14:00
Course Fee: 68,000 AMD
About the Instructor: Sonya is a social psychologist who develops and conducts trainings on resilience, change and conflict management, leadership, personal effectiveness, well-being at work and cross-cultural communication. Prior to obtaining her PhD in Social and Organisational Psychology from the University of Exeter (UK), Sonya completed an MA program in Psychology of Excellence in Business and Education at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München(Germany) and a BA in General Psychology from Yerevan State University (Armenia). As a multilingual trainer, learning consultant and researcher Sonya has worked in academic as well as corporate and non-profit sectors in Armenia, Germany, UK, and Italy.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.