Our TOEFL iBT Preparatory course aims at familiarizing you with the test format and test-taking strategies and training you to improve your test scores. Our TOEFL iBTPreparatory Course helps students familiarize themselves with the reading, listening, speaking and writing skills measured on the test. This course also helps you improve the language skills you need in real life ¾ in social situations and in your studies ¾ by developing study skills for western, particularly American university culture. In every lesson, language is contextualized and presented in either spoken or written form. This will help you expand your vocabulary, use idioms, and review all facets of English grammar.
About the TOEFL iBT: The TOEFL iBT® test, administered via the Internet, is an important part of your journey to study at AUA or in most Western-style universities. The TOEFL iBT test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. It evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks. Formally preparing for the TOEFL iBT is the best tool for improving your vocabulary over all covered areas of TOEFL.
We are committed to helping you score better for admission to the university of your choice!
Start Date: Classes roll out on a continuous basis
Duration: 54 hours within 1,5 months
Schedule: 3 times per week, 3 hours per session
Days: Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays, or Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Hours: Mornings – 10 AM – 1 PM
Afternoons – 3 PM – 6 PM
Evenings – 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Monthly Fee: AMD 56,000 ATTENTION: Payment Should be made for the entire course before classes start. The full course fee is AMD 85,000.
Eligibility: You may attend to TOEFL iBT prep course if you are on Level 6 of the Placement test or you have successfully accomplished Level 5 or 6 of General English courses at AUA Extension.
Note: Placement tests are administered every Wednesday at 1:30 PM. Advance registration is required: im.aua.am.
Placement test fee: 2,100 AMD.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.