GRE® General Test
American University of Armenia is a Prometric Test Center operator.
The GRE general test is given in English and administrated in an internet-based format. The GRE General Test measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills. There are six sections with 10 minute break.
GRE® General Test Content and Structure
Number of questions
|Analytical writing (one section with two separately timed tasks)||30 minutes per task||One “Analyze an Issue” task and one “Analyze an Argument” task|
|30 minutes per section||20 questions per section|
|35 minutes per section||20 questions per section|
- An unidentified unscored section that does not count toward your score may be included and may appear in any order after the Analytical Writing section. Questions in the unscored section are being tried out either for possible use in future tests or to ensure that scores on new editions of the test are comparable to scores from earlier editions.
- An identified research section that does not count toward your score may be included in place of the unscored section. The research section will always appear at the end of the test. Questions in this section are included for ETS research purposes.
Register for the GRE® General Test Test
- Register Online
– Register 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Be sure to spell your name exactly as it appears on the identification you will bring on test day.
– Pay with a credit/debit card: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. You can also use an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories.
– Registration closes seven days before your test date.
-Need more help? https://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/gre_info_reg_bulletin.pdf